Since we haven’t posted in a while, we thought we’d keep it simple with a list of our favorite tips to keep in mind on your wedding day! These tips apply not only to Charleston weddings, but also to vow renewals and elopements.
There are always some special tips when going to another city for your special day.
1. Best time to get married… In Charleston, the time of day depends on the time of year. In the summer, an early sunrise wedding or a late day sunset wedding. The light is nice for photographs and it is cooler. The fall and spring are wonderful times because the weather is moderate and the sun is shining.
2. In season flowers work nice. Many Brides like white flowers however colors really add to the photographs and seem to be the in thing. If you look at the magazines, colors are great and really add a pop of color to your photos.
3. It is important to consider what you wear for the location and the photographs. Whether it is on the beach or in the park. The standard white dress seems to be just a start. There are so many dresses and colors, keep an open mind.
4. Hotels and wedding locations need to be booked early especially in the spring and fall. There are literally thousands of weddings each year in Charleston.
5. A beach wedding can be tricky. It is important to check the time of day with the tide charts. Often times at high tide, there is no beach for photos, so you end up on the board walk or in the dunes for your photos.
6. Rain in Charleston – Rain is not unusual for Charleston. A forecast can include rain but often times it blows over before the event. It is rare it is a day of rain. Call Vann and discuss the event and the rain outlook. We have had very few events rained out. We can often times adjust the time of the event around the weather.
** Really anything goes with dresses, colors, and the different things added to your day. It is your day and make it what you want.